TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Agreement: This agreement contains the entire understanding between Belmont House Cakery and The Client.
2. Design Consultation: The parties agree to a preliminary consultation, either in person, by telephone or by e-mail before the event date to ascertain and confirm the design details and the prices to be charged. Initial studio design consultation is complimentary, additional consultations carry a £25 fee.
3. Quote: The Client will receive a quote for all items discussed. The quote shows all costs for all goods and services. Each design is individually calculated to provide the most accurate quote based on the content and the skilled time element involved in making each design.
4. Booking Fee: A Booking Fee equal to 30% of the total invoice value, is to be paid within 10 working days of the quote being sent out and is required to secure the event date. The Booking Fee is applied towards the contracted order and is deducted from the final invoice.
5. Reservation: Upon receipt of the booking fee, Yummy Little Cakes will reserve the event date. The Booking Fee is non-refundable, but is transferable if the date must be changed, however this is subject to required date being available.
. Hiring of Additional Items: If additional items are being hired from Belmont House Cakery, such as stands, bases and separators a security deposit will be required. This is fully refundable on the safe and full return of the hired items – as per invoice. It is the Clients responsibility to ensure all hired items are returned to the studio within 5 working days after hire date or are ready for collection from any agreed venue.
7. Payment: Following the 30% booking fee, 30% of the total invoice is to be paid 2 months prior to order date. The final 40% of invoice value is to be paid 1 month prior to the order date. It is The Clients responsibility to provide the final payment within the agreed time. If balance is not received, the order will be cancelled without refund of any payments received.
8. Delivery Charges: Belmont House Cakery can provide delivery of most ordered items. Delivery charges vary according to mileage and distance of the delivery location.
9. Set-up Time: Belmont House Cakery require at least one hour for setting up all ordered items. This ensures that there is an appropriate amount of time to arrange the display before guests arrive.
10. Completion Schedule: All ordered items will be delivered at the date and time agreed.
11. Method of Payment: Payment may be made by bank transfer – Paypal and card payments incur a 3% additional fee (card payment only accepted in person at the studio).
12. Cancellation: Belmont House Cakery offers a bespoke service and is therefore limited in how many bookings are taken for any given week. If the Client cancels the order within 3 months of the wedding date it is unlikely that the cancelled space will be filled and therefore the following cancellation charges will apply. Cancellations MUST be in writing.
1 month or less – 100% of Full Cake Cost
2 months or less – 60% of Full Cake Cost
More than 2 months – Loss of Booking Fee
13. Limit of Liability: In the very unlikely event of severe medical, natural, or other emergencies, it may be necessary to retain an alternative Cake Designer. Belmont House Cakery will make every effort to secure a replacement cake designer able and / or willing to provide similar products and services as chosen in this contract at the same / similar tariff. If such a situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event.
14. Delivery: Although every possible care will be taken with the delivery and set up of the cake, once delivered the cake becomes the responsibility of The Client. Belmont House Cakery cannot be held responsible for any destruction of said cake or products once they are in the care of The Client/Venue. Signature for handover of responsibility will be obtained from The Client/Venue. If no person is available upon delivery and setup of the Cake, photographic evidence is always obtained as proof of delivery and condition of cake.
15. Price promise: The price quoted at the time of booking is the final cost and it will not be increased even if my cake prices change after you order has been confirmed.
16. Refunds: Refunds are given only in exceptional circumstances as deemed appropriate by Belmont House Cakery.
17. Allergies: Belmont House Cakery shall not be held responsible for nut allergies for The Client or their parties. Cakes can be made without any nuts BUT ALL cakes COULD contain traces of nut as nuts are used in the kitchen. It is the responsibility of The Client to inform their guests that traces of nut COULD be present in the cake. Any specific dietary requirements should be discussed at the consultation.
* YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS UPON PAYMENT OF BOOKING FEE.